Women Farm offers varied services which Ohio women farmers can access in different ways.
Women Farm designs and offers direct experience instruction delivered on the farm of an Ohio women farmer who is a co-instructor. Direct experiences are offered on a seasonally appropriate schedule. Experiences either build production skills or planning skills. Learn-to-Farm (Better) services are delivered in small groups (minimum of 3, maximum varies). While most Experiences are offered in three Ohio regions: Central, North Central, and Southwest Central, some will be offered in some other regions. An individual registers via this web site or by calling 800-713-8575.
Women Farm offers farm business management consultations services.
Think-Do Farm Business Management consultations designed by Women Farm are offered on or near farms of Ohio women farmers who are co-instructors, and delivered in small groups (minimum of 3, maximum varies). Currently small group consultations would be offered in three Ohio regions: Central, North Central, and Southwest Central. An individual registers via this web site or by calling 800-713-8575.
Consultations can be customized by individual Ohio woman farmers, typically delivered on her farm and involving others if and as she prefers. Such Individual Think-Do Farm Business Management consultations are available statewide. An individual requests an exploratory interview by Woman Farm during which her preferred focus, schedule, and location of service is discussed. This request can be made via this web site, by e-mail to email@example.com, or by calling 800-713-8575. There is no cost for this exploratory interview, typically held via telephone; however, if the requestor prefers to meet in-person, associated travel expenses may be charged. Within a mutually agreeable period after the interview, Women Farm responds in writing with a proposed service plan and estimated fees. The individual may accept, negotiate, or decline the proposed services.
Each direct experience instruction and farm business management group consultation is supported by customized Preparatory Learning Materials, provided via this web site, or at-cost for hard copy.
Women Farm occasionally offers topic-specific, toll-free teleconferences available statewide. Conversations on Issues of Importance to Women Farmers are typically available at no cost; some require a nominal fee. Participants are limited in number depending on to what degree the conversation purpose is to share information, answer questions, or build relationships. A teleconference typically lasts 20 or 30 minutes and features a subject matter expert. An individual registers via this web site or by calling 800-713-8575. Women Farm invites Ohio women farmers, their advocates and service providers to join Women Farm, at no cost, and begin using our networking opportunities to Communicate – Collaborate – Complement – and CONNECT!
- Submit announcements for other women farmers for Women Farm to consider publishing on this web site.
- Share opinions and offer recommendations by responding to surveys, the results of which guide Women Farm in our efforts to expand the capacity of Ohio women farmers to develop each other in ways that positively impact regional food farming and the conservation and preservation of Ohio farmland.
- Introduce Women Farm to you as a farmer so that we might identify and invite you to be featured in media opportunities.
- Send a link to published media in which you are the featured farmer so that Women Farm may consider sharing the link on this web site or our Facebook page.
- Receive our invitation to author an essay or be interviewed so you can share your insights and expertise with other Ohio women farmers, published by Women Farm on this web site.
- Promote on this web site education and training aligned with the mission of Women Farm that is delivered by an Ohio woman farmer or designed for Ohio women farmers. This marketing service is available at no- or a nominal cost.
Initiated in 2013, Women Farm offers two new services.
Events through which Women Farm and role model women farmers work with larger audiences and introduce event-related experts and businesses. An event will feature a production method, a business approach, a conservation practice, or a farmland preservation strategy.
Information Consulting which means we search for information to meet your specific information needs. Women Farm specializes in information searches related to food farm business management, food production for Ohio local and regional markets, Ohio farmland conservation and preservation. We also conduct research and search for information about Ohio women farmers.
In addition to the services described above, other areas of this web site and our Facebook page, Women Farm, Ohio offer much information for your use. Women Farm welcomes suggestions and recommendations to improve our services to Ohio women farmers!